Wednesday 23 January 2008

Recipe - Meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta

I didn't have too much imagination today, so it had to be something quick and dirty. Yes, I'm talking about my dinner now and nothing else. ;)


Ingredients
Meatballs (I used some I've made before that was in the freezer)
Chopped onion
Chopped garlic
Chopped tomatoes (I used two cans)
Mixed herbs, oregano etc.
Water
Red Wine Vinegar
Sugar
Salt
Pepper
Grated cheddar

Method
Start by sweating the onions and garlic until translucent together with the herbs. Add tomatoes, water, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. When this mixture boils, lower the heat and let it simmer. Let it simmer until it has reduced to the consistency that you want.

Heat the grill to medium. Once the mixture in the pan has the desired consistency pour it into a heat resistant bowl or similar. Mix in the meatballs and top with the grated cheese. Let it stay under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and has a nice colour.

Serve with pasta.

Enjoy!


Simmering and reducing.

Waiting to get under the grill.

The grill has performed its magic and it's ready to get plated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Positive or negative - all comments are welcome and useful. I do enjoy hearing what you think of my posts, what is good and what needs improving so please post away.

// Mike